Hepatitis C is one type of infection virus cause by hepatitis C virus in the human body. Only in USA, around 3.9 million people have hep c disease. Symtopms of hepatitis C is very low so most of them dont know about virus.
Many type of hepatitis C virus like genotype 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. most common hepatitis C virus or HCV in USA is type 1. Genotype 1 virus is not serious than any other. All affect different to treatment.
Hepatitis C virus affect in people by diffeny way and diffrent stage.
- Incubation Period. This is just start time to exposure hep c virus. It can be 14 to 80 Days but average 45 days.
- Acute hepatitis C. This is short term illness after the 6 months from virus enter in your body. People who have it will get rid of or clear virus from their body.
- Chronic hepatitis C. If after 6 months your virus not clear itself it may become long term infection. this may lead to a serious health problem like liver cancer or This can lead to serious health problems like liver cancer or cirrhosis.
- Cirrhosis. Cirrhosis will replace your health live cell with scar tissue. It may be lead to inflammation. It generally takes 20 to 30 year after virus enters in your body. though it can be fast if you have HIV or drink alcohol.
- Liver cancer. Cirrhosis may turn into liver cancer more likely. your doctor will regular check you beacuse there are no symtoms in early starge of hepatitis C.
Symptoms of Hepatitis C
There is no symtoms in many people with hepatitis C in early stage. after the 2 week and 6 month virus enter in your bloodstream you may be notice:
- Dark urine
- Stomach pain
- Loss of appetite
- Joint pain
Symtoms usually for 2 to 12 weeks.
Symptoms of last stage hepatitis C
- Loss of weight
- Failure of kidney
- Easy bleeding and bruising
- Muscle loss
- Brain not work
- Memony and Concentration Problem
- Blood Vomiting
How To Spread Hepatitis C Virus
Hepatitis C virus spread through blood
You can catch it from:
- Getting a tattoo from unclean equipment.
- Sharing Nail Clipper or toothbrush or razor blade also cause for catch hep C virus.
- By Birth ( Chile may be got a virus from mother.)
- Using of infected needles
- By Sex Specially if you have HIV Infection or have rough sex.
- By Sharing Injection drugs or needles
You Can not catch hepatitis C virus from:
- Food or Drink Sharing
- Eating utensils Sharing
- Hand Holding
- Casual contact
Risk Factor for have hepatitis C
Get tested for disease recommends by CDC If you:
- Receive blood from a person who has hepatitis C
- Have ever injected or inhaled drugs
- Before july 1992 you have blood transfusion or organ transplant
- If you are ever in prison
- Use unclean equipment to draw tattoo in on body
- liver disease symtoms
- Long term kidney dialysis